Thursday, June 01, 2006

Petoskey Pointe Groundbreaking

A ceremonial groundbreaking for the proposed $60 million Petoskey Pointe redevelopment project took place on Friday, June 26th. According to Dr. David Jankowski, a partner in Farmington Hills based Developer Lake Street Petoskey Associates, "It is our sincere hope that the final product can be a development that Petoskey can be proud of."

The Petoskey Pointe project is expected to be completed by 2008. Plans include residential and hotel condominiums, a spa, parking garage, conference center, restaurant, courtyard and retail space. Northwestern Bank is also planning to build a new office on the block.

Demolition of the existing buildings on the block, including the old Gaslight Cinema, is slated to begin this week. I remember watching the movie "Jaws" at the Gaslight Cinema in the summer of 1975, over thirty years ago. Wow! Has it been that long? The line for "Jaws" wrapped around onto Mitchell Street. Same thing with Star Wars in 1977. The old Gaslight Cinema sure had character, unlike the new "Petoskey Cinema." It will be sad to see it finally come down, even though it has been closed for a few years now. Oh well, I guess that's progress. . .

Ground Broken for Petoskey Pointe [Petoskey News Review]

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mentioned your blog today in my blog. Come by and take a peek.

6/02/2006 11:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will pictures be posted of the progress? I live downstate and was wondering what is going on with this project. Have the existing structures been raised? Has the new construction been started? Please post some pictures Stefan!!!!

10/01/2006 03:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pain that i feel right now is unbearable. do you understand my strong emotions Stefan? I know that you do. when will all the aweful iron work be piercing the blue sky? when will the brick and mortar be coving the soft green grass. DON'T PAVE PARADISE STEFAN! i know that you feel my burning ache.

7/07/2007 02:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's up with the Normal and Business College. Is it still in operation? Can you forward an application to me?

7/07/2007 02:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STEFAN! Do you retain your hold on the last produced "petoskey stoned" tee-shirt? I was hoping that they would make a resurgance, I know that you do not and cherish in the knowledge that your tee-shirt is the last to be produced bearing the words "petoskey stoned". Where have all the good times gone? When will we all sail the Chicago / Mac race again? Oh the times at the Noggin Room, Side Door, Mitchell Street Pub, City Park Grill and do you remember the times at Victories? WOW, WOW, WOW

7/09/2007 05:14:00 PM  
Blogger Stefan J. Scholl, J.D. - Exclusive Buyer Agent said...

"Petoskey Stoned" shirt? Me? I'm sorry, but I have neither owned nor worn one of these garments you speak of. Never sailed the Chicago/Mac either. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else?

7/12/2007 06:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope that this thing goes through, I think that it could be good for Petoskey. However, with the economic climate in Michigan being the way it is, I fear that the will not be able to find buyers and the town will end up with either a really big swimming pool or if the City can get hold of it, a parking garage.

What is really troubling is that the developers have been silent on this issue. I think that thier silence is speaking very loudly.

8/24/2007 05:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope that this thing goes through, I think that it could be good for Petoskey. However, with the economic climate in Michigan being the way it is, I fear that the will not be able to find buyers and the town will end up with either a really big swimming pool or if the City can get hold of it, a parking garage.

What is really troubling is that the developers have been silent on this issue. I think that thier silence is speaking very loudly.

8/24/2007 05:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a thinkin' it be time for an update Stefan.

Has the city filled it with water for a swimming pool?

Paved it for a parking unit?

buried it and planted grass and trees?

...or have they resumed work...

10/16/2007 03:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home