Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Reaction to Michigan's 2nd Gubernatorial Debate

Did anyone see last night's gubernatorial debate? I missed the first one, so I made it a point to tune in. Seemingly, most of the time was spent debating which candidate has the more misleading campaign ads.

Fortunately, at least the public seems to have focused in on the real issues at stake in this election, as shown by this sampling of opinions from the Detroit Free Press debate reaction website.

"Please, for the love of all that is Holy, Dick needs someone to tell him: NO COMB OVER! YOU ARE BALD DUDE BE PROUD OF IT. Nothing looks more silly on an adult male then trying to comb over a bald head."
- Tony

"I cannot take seriously the candidacy of a woman who lets a festering mole grow unchecked on her own face. Please, seek the help of a dermatologist immediately."
- Grossed Out

Holy cow, are we ever in trouble.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched last night. I've watched the other debates as well. What can I say, I am a glutton for punishment.

Those comments are disturbing.

This election is disturbing too. Given the state of our economy, I would love to see a bit of hope and inspiration in this campaign. I am not seeing that from either candidate, much as I have searched.

10/17/2006 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Stefan J. Scholl, J.D. - Exclusive Buyer Agent said...

Maureen,

At least we can turn to the Tigers for a story of hope and inspiration! Wasn't the on-field celebration after the Tigers beat the Yankees in the Division Series awesome! What a great story for Detroit and Michigan. And I am sure that the World Series will bring even more joy and hope to a state in desperate need.

Thanks for the comment. I enjoyed checking out your miOaklandCounty Blog.

I laughed when I read your post on spam comments. I was getting so many spam comments that I turned comment moderation on for my blog (Blogger). Problem was, I forgot to have comments forwarded to my e-mail for moderation. I was recently fiddling around with my settings and discovered about fifty legitimate comments from as far back as January waiting for my attention. Oh well, better late than never! I am glad I am now receiving comments, such as yours, so that I can post them to the blog.

One of the comments I received actually asked me how I can call Northern Michigan Real Estate Blog a blog without any comments! Thanks to you, and I hope others, hopefully I will be legit.

10/17/2006 09:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home